Saturday 1 February 2014

Print | Week 5

I worked in the print room quite a bit this week. I began to dye my fabric using the vats to see which colours I want to work on. I decided to try and create a vast amount of colours from my colour image and test all of them to see which ones I want to use. In the end I had colours ranging from dark blue to light peachy-oranges. I was quite happy with the colours, although the yellow was far too bright so I decided not to work with that one.
 I have also noticed that n Beatriz Millhazes work the background colours tend to be more subtle and the colour is in the design on top. I kept my backgrounds toned down but without banishing colour completely.
The first two sessions I've had in the print room were very much just testing sessions. I wanted to see what the pigment colours looked like on the coloured fabrics and how well they worked. I learnt a lot by testing things out, I now only want to dye fabrics subtle blues and oranges then dye onto them to create the other colours in my colour image. I feel this will help make the colour mood better as blue and orange are the most used colours in my image.
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment