Saturday 15 February 2014

Print | Week 7

We had a peer review this Tuesday in the studio. I found the review really helpful and I got really good feedback on my work. The only criticism I recieved was that I need to cut my samples to the same size. I also got mentioned for having good relations with my colour image. This took me by surprise but I was really happy because this is what has been worrying me the most. I have obviously been being too picky and judging my work to harshly. I now know to stop focussing on it so much.

I have also been doing more work on hand designs. After being shown examples of watercolours last week I decided to experiment with it myself. I created watercolour backgrounds which were similar to the gradient tool I have been using on photoshop. I like the designs I have made and so I will take aspects of them and put them into my final designs. My peer review also said that my hand designs inculded strong ideas. 
I tried to continue using the bold and varied colour palette I have been using, similar to the techniques Beatriz Milhazes uses in her work. When doing my final designs I am going to experiment more with layering and overlapping in the same way that she does.





No comments:

Post a Comment