Friday 7 February 2014

Print | Week 6

I focused on my hand designs this week.
So far I have only used gouche and acryllic paint because I wanted strong bold colours like Beatriz Milhazes. However Sally showed us some examples that used water colour paints and I really like how they looked, so I'm going to experiment with that myself. I am quite happy with the painting I've done so far however to become a final print they will need some more work. Some of the colours need to be fixed as they don't look right.
I am quite concious about my designs portraying the mood of my colour image, as this is the aspect I'm finding hard to control. My colour image has quite a range of colours in very different proportions which is worrying me slightly. Trying to get the colours to look they way I want them to is quite difficult. However I am managing my time so that I can do enough tests and practices to create the result I want.





I did manage to get into the print room this Friday, and I am finally starting to create final prints. I have my colours and fabrics and now just have to put them together using my design plans drawn in my sketchbook. I am happy with the prints I have done so far, but I also want to focus more on including circular designs similar to Karen Scott. Unfortunately because of the motifs on my screen I might have to try this on digital and hand designs.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment