Tuesday 18 February 2014

Print | Week 8

In the final week of print I finally have a set of designs that are complete and can be seen as a collection. When I was making my final touches I felt like some of the designs weren't finished or didn't look good enough. Rachel showed us how to finish our samples with bondaweb which got me thinking about using bondaweb to glue different fabrics onto my designs. 
I decided to use lace cut into circles, which I think works really well. The circles draw attention like Karen Scott and the use of lace looks similar to things I have created in photoshop using the selection tool.
I also decided to create some small practice pouches using two of my prints to demonstrate where I see my designs going. I wrote earlier in my book about Paperchase and how their stationary products are the type of thing I see my work turning into. I am really happy with how they look and although they are very rough copies and only took 20 minutes to create, they still represent my ideas successfully.




No comments:

Post a Comment