Saturday 2 November 2013

Continued Drawings

Throughout the past few weeks I have continued to do drawings similar to the Chance Cards, however not with the guidelines. I feel that I can now expand on how I draw things and what I use to draw them without always referring to the chance cards. I am also going to use these drawings as inspiration when doing my samples for Embroidery.
 

Braided Hair
This is a drawing I did using black Indian ink. It is initially based off hair, however I ended up improvising a little. I used a very thin brush in order to make it look more like strands of hair. I quite like this drawing even though it doesnt look exactly like the hair I was drawing.


I was quite interested with the idea of drawing braided hair, which lead to me doing a larger scale version in colour. I stuck together two A3 pieces of paper using masking tape and used pastels to draw the hair. The drawing is done from a picture of my own hair which has been dip-dyed, this explains the colour changes.



Windows
 
Originally this was a photo I took in the City of some barred windows. When drawing it, I decided I wanted to add some colour but the windows themselves were very dull so I decided to add some brighter colours instead, using watercolour paint.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment