Saturday 16 November 2013

Dream Catchers

As part of my extra drawing continued from the Chance Cards, I accidentally ended up drawing what looked like a Dream Catcher. I became quite interested in them, and I've done a few drawings now which came from the orginal shape or idea of a dream catcher. I've never really focussed on them before, however the various shapes involved proved interesting to draw.
 
 
 
This was the drawing which wasn't intended to be anything in particular, but ended up looking a lot like a Dream Catcher. From this I began to think about the shapes inside the circle and also the feathers and strings that hang from the bottom.

As part of one of the drawing fridays we had to write words associated with a sentimental item. I got the idea to put the words in a circlular shape from the drawing I'd been doing of Dream Catchers.



Here are some more experimental drawings I did based om the ideas of a dream catcher. The first is watercolour and indian ink, with which I added words around the circles, an idea I took from the previous drawing day.
After that I attempyed to draw feathers. I dont think they worked very well as I just painted them however I may experiment with different tools in order to get the right shape and a thinner brush.
The third image was just experimenting with a different background, as well as playing around with the shapes and patterns inside the circle of a dream catcher.


No comments:

Post a Comment