Monday 18 November 2013

Friday Drawing Session

I have chosen to do a post on the drawing session we had this friday.
I really enjoyed this session, because it made me look at drawing in a different way. We had to buy a Kinder egg and take apart the toy that came inside. After that, we used the toy to create marks and prints on the page, and I thought the result was really interesting.
I haven't experimented very much with using things to draw other than a pencil or a paintbrush, however I was really pleased with the drawings I did using the toy car.They're very different to anything I've drawn before.


I created this print by using the plastic body of the car, I tried to make it look like a tyre track going up the page.

Here I used as many parts of the car as I could to create as many different prints as I could, I tried doing single prints, layering them together and also dragging them cross the page. It was interesting to see what one little toy can do with ink.
 
 
One thing that really surprised me was the amount of different marks one tiny toy car could make. When the car was taken apart there was many more edges and surfaces that could be used to print or drag acorss the page. Even though it got a bit messy the prints came out really well.


This one was one of my favourites from the session. I used the kinder egg box itself to print circles onto the page, then I used masking tape to stick it to wall in order to create the dripping ink. It wasn't deliberate but I think it looks like gun shot wounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment