Sunday 26 October 2014

Intentions | Garments

In order to have an idea of what my collection would look like, I have been photoshopping my designs onto garments that already exist. I needed to get a sense of what I want my designs to be made into, so to brainstorm I took to Pinterest. The board I created, Garments, has a mix of outfits, individual pieces I like and also some plain garments which I can see my prints being used on. 
So far I have decided that I would like to create a collection of T-shirt dresses and possibly some skirts/shorts. I have created an inspiration board of garments similar to the ones I would like to make. This has really helped me to visualise my end products in more detail. The vision I have in mind is taking my grungy prints and using them on more feminine garments to create a 'girly-grunge' collection. This is what I have in mind when I picture a final collection.
Now I plan to spend time on photoshop using masks to really experiment with my designs and where I would like them to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment