Sunday 8 December 2013

Discussing Textile Worlds

This week we were put into groups in order to share our experiences of our different textile worlds.
I found this task incredibly helpful. I am going into Print next week, and was placed with two people who have just finished their unit of Print. This was especially useful as I got to see two examples of Print work rather than just one, which gave me a better understanding of what sort of work will be expected of me.

One thing I was informed of which is particularly important for me is that when you miss work it is hard to catch up on. I am terrible for leaving things until the last minute which I did eventually improve in the last unit. However now I know that I have to keep on work from the very start.  Another piece of useful information I was told was that the print room gets booked up very fast, so in order to get enough time to make my samples I need to book early.

I generally found the session beneficial, as I learned the general schedule of print and what I will be expected to do each week. I liked the work I was shown by my peers so I look forward to creating my own samples. Furthermore I feel more prepared than I was before embroidery, as no one had done it before and didn't know what was coming. Also, I found the exchange of information between me and peers a lot more beneficial than the information we are given off the tutors, as it is more personal and is the point of view of someone my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment