Sunday 8 December 2013

Feedback Week Task

During feedback week we were given the task to go to a museum and use the words Mapping and Measuring as starting points for our drawings. Me and some friends went to the Museum of Science and Industry.

I decided to try and map the journey by using pictures I took on the way there. Originally I started to only draw the photographs in order of when I saw them. However then I decided to integrate images from inside the museum as well. I did this because instead of looking at the day in sections I decided to look at the journey as a whole. One of my reasons for doing this was the compositions became much more interesting as I could choose what I was drawing from a selection of photos.






After this I began to think about the way I look at the objects in the museum. Firstly I realized I tend to focus on the center of an object, and then gradually look at the rest but in less detail than the center. This is usually because this is where the main part is. However then I thought about objects with a lot of detail everywhere. I tend to start at the center and then move my eyes in a clockwise direction to look at everything.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment