Tuesday 4 November 2014

Intentions | Fashion Illustrations

In order to start putting together a final collection of garments I needed to create my own fashion illustrations to photoshop them into, and make sure they are keeping in with my theme.
I see my collection is being grungy, which fits in with the original theme of 'Urban Influences'. I took to Pinterest again to research before creating my sketches, making a collection of fashion illustrations and mood boards to take inspiration from [Illustrations/moodboards]. I also did this to get ideas of how I might present my final designs when it comes to doing so. 

After tracing the garment shapes I wanted I then edited them by drawing in what I wanted to change.
The hair and shoes were the main things that needed changing, as well of a couple of arms and legs in a different position. On Pinterest I found that Grunge shoes were chunky and simple, and grunge hair was messy and undone with minimal styling if any. These are the ideas I want to portray however I also want to keep the idea that a certain amount of effort has been made too. I played around freehand with these ideas until I was happy with my sketches. The shading/scribbles links to my grunge theme and makes the sketches more my own. Here are the final designs:




Photoshopping my prints onto my sketches has gotten me really excited, I can finally see a collection coming together.
My plan is to create a couple of designs on each garment to begin with. To narrow it down to a final collection, I am debating asking people around the studio and making a tally chart of people's favourites, then using the results to pick my final garments. I want to be working towards a high street audience in particular young adults, which means the opinion of university students could really be a big help and give me some direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment