Monday 10 November 2014

Intentions | Addition of lines and grids

I finally put together my final collection this week based on the most popular designs from the tallys, however when I looked at it all together I just wasn't happy. I like all of the individual designs but when they are put together I'm not seeing a collection that fits together well. This has made me realise that the fashion illustrations and seeing the prints on the product is extremely important, as they can look so different. Thankfully I still have time to make improvements to the prints, so I mind mapped what I thought was wrong so that I can fix the issues. 

I needed some inspiration on what to do so I went on WGSN to look and the Print and Pattern trend forecasts. I noticed a lot of stripes for S/S15. I took inspiration from this and added lines to some of the prints I have already rather than creating all new ones.
I found the most popular design previously was the dress with a white grid pattern over the top of the print, I thought that this might be because the white space creates more of a pattern. I tried experimenting with grids too as it proved popular with my audience.

I feel like the newly added lines break up my designs and make them less similar. Looking at the improved collection, I am much happier with it. It looks a lot more refined and thought about, and each print now is individual to all the rest while at the same time fitting together well as a collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment