Friday 17 January 2014

Print | Week 3

This week in print we had our first workshops in hand and digital printing.
As for my drawings, I haven't yet progressed from the 100 metre idea. It can be interpreted in so many ways that I just keep on drawing. I have been drawing the same things in different ways and I am surprised by how individual the drawings look. I am happy with this as it presents many ideas for motifs.
However I need another direction to start heading in. I thought about maps but that seems like a common thought with my peers too.
I was on Pinterest and came across the idea of a mandala, and how it is a form of self expression and a way of accessing the subconscious mind. I quite like the idea of doing data that isn’t infact numbers or written information but is actually information about the person drawing it. I like the idea of the data not being able to be read or maybe even visable as data at all. I am going to look more into this idea and start drawing from it.
 
 
This was the outcome of my hand painted screen workshop
 
Continued drawing in sketchbook.
I have carried on with the idea of the 100 metre drawing from the first week of print. I really like the idea so have tried to experiment with it in various ways.


I used thread and ink to create this drawing. I have been really experimenting with mark making and using different tools other than paintbrushes to get ink onto the page. I also used a toy from a kinder egg, in the same way we did on a drawing friday in the Origins Unit. I quite like how these marks transfer onto the page, especially using the thread.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment