Monday 20 January 2014

20th Jan | Morning Meeting

Today in the monday morning meeting, Kate told us of research that supported the idea that students listen better when they are doing something with their hands during a lecture. We were instructed to bring with us a piece of A4 paper, a needle and thread, and some scissors.
While Kate was doing the presentation we had to draw, sew or cut our piece of paper while listening. I found it quite interesting because at first I couldn't see how having to concentrate on something else would improve our listening, if anything I would think it would be more difficult.
However I think it could have been beneficial as I remember a lot of information that was given to us. I don't think there was a considerable amount of difference in the amount of information I retained compared to any other monday, but I did find this mornings lecture different and interesting.
 
 
I found myself begin with stitching, then switch to doodling over the page.



No comments:

Post a Comment