Sunday 18 January 2015

Locating | Editing in Photoshop

I have finally taken my drawings into photoshop and started to work with them. So far they have turned out quite well.
I want to work with contrasting colours through this unit as it is something I personally haven't done before, I normally stick to a well thought through and structured colour scheme. Because of the way I am, I would stuggle to choose the right colours to contrast with eachother as I am too inclined to choose colours that 'match' or go together, which isn't what I want for my designs right now.
As a result of this, I am repeatedly using the 'Hue/Saturation' tool in Photoshop to edit the colours for me.
So far I really like the effects it is giving me. It makes my designs colourful, weird and a little bit crazy. The vast colour story reflects those used by my inspirations Basso & Brooke, Clover Canyon and Piafries. Although my colour story doesnt match the literal colour of an iris, I feel the designs somehow still look anatomical, keeping in theme with the concept. This is something I said wanted to achieve if possible in my brief, so I'm glad that is starting to look possible.


For a while after my first set of designs I became stuck, as for some reason the colours weren't changing correctly when I altered the hue/saturation. Eventually I realised that it was my projector photos and the vast change of colour in them that was creating the results I wanted, meaning I needed to find a way of working those into each design.
However, I didn't want to disregard the shapes and cut-outs in my collages, so I used different layer effects in order to work them together. Here I experimented with hard light, soft light, divide and overlay. The colours show through nicely and worked perfectly when the hue was altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment