Sunday 16 March 2014

Unit X | Belle Vue Archives

This week I learned a lot about Belle Vue considering I'd never heard about it before.
We had a talk and there was some information that particularly stood out to me. The animals weren't treated very well and often died within a few weeks or months. I've always been a big animal lover so this really got to me.
One of my ideas to work with is that the animals were used for entertainment purposes and weren't left to live their lives. They were seen as a form of entertainment rather than seen as unhappy and dying. 
I collected lots of visual information of animals and the zoological gardens posters from the visit to Chatem Library, to help me get started.

I also made a board on my Pinterest especially for circus and zoo animals.
http://gb.pinterest.com/caramillet/animals/





 








No comments:

Post a Comment