Thursday 12 November 2015

Projection and Garment Research

As I have been very stuck with my designing this Unit, I decided to do some projection onto stand work. This process has really helped me in the past and I felt that it would benefit me this time too.
Rather than aim for actual garments I decided to just create as much drape as I could, so that I could see what draping might do to my prints.
Even though the stand work I did wouldn't be practical for a high street garment, I believe I can still take inspiration from them in order to draw up some more realistic ideas.


I used my projection photographs to play around with illustrations and placement on the body and
I realized I need to look at length, as well as researching what garments I actually want to design. 
Although I roughly dragged and dropped these images, I think they have helped me to decide what kind of shapes I want. I plan on looking further into this and also using these images to help develop my print designs. As I want to make a high street collection I need to make the garments more wearable.


No comments:

Post a Comment